Friday 23 September 2016

Mother's cookies

vegetarian, sugar free
 
I first experienced the fruits of this recipe when I was a child, growing up in Poland. My Mum used delicious cookies filled with homemade jam using blackcurrants from our garden. Yummy. Today I would like to share with you lovely readers my Mum's recipe. You can use any jam or any filling you would like. I hope you will enjoy cooking and eating with us today.
 



Ingredients:


30g butter
30g cottage cheese 
pinch pink Himalayan salt
200g white flour
250g raspberries

Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Roughly break the butter in small chunks, add them to the bowl and rub them in loosely. Add cottage cheese and mixing until you have a firm dough adding extra cheese if needed. Cover with cling film and leave to rest for 20 min in the fridge.

Turn out onto a lightly floured board, knead gently and form into a smooth rectangle.
Cut out square (5x5cm) put few raspberries in middle square and fold corners to the middle.


Bake in 180C for 20 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment